A Message from Mrs. DeRubeis: Week of December 5th, 2022
It's parent-teacher conference time & if you are sick, please stay home!
Dear Stark Families,
STARK’S WEEKLY COVID-19 NOTIFICATION: 1 Positive Case 0 Quarantine
As the parent-teacher conference days approach, I hope that you will take the opportunity to meet with your child’s teacher regarding their academic and behavioral progress so far this school year. Conferences are an important component to ensure that both the school and the home work together to maximize your child’s full potential. I encourage you to stay in close communication with your child’s teacher and, most importantly, to stay involved in their education. Whether through REMIND, a phone call, an email, or a note in the planner, the Stark staff is ready to help.
Report Cards: The 1st marking period ended on November 23rd, Report cards will be released to the Portal on Friday, December 9th.
Message from the Nurse’s Office:
The peak of the cold and flu season is upon us. To prevent widespread illness in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. To decide whether or not to send your child to school, please consider the following guidelines:
Please keep your child at home for treatment & observation if he/she has any symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 100 degrees & your child may return to school only after a minimum of 24 hours fever free)
- Chills, General feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
- Frequent congested cough or croupy cough
- Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
To help prevent the flu and other colds, please reinforce the following with your children:
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, use a paper tissue, throw it away and then wash hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Looking and Planning Ahead:
Dec. 14-16 Early Release Days - Report Card Conferences 1:20 PM
Dec. 23 Holiday Recess - Early Release Day 1:20 PM
Dec. 24- Jan 2 Holiday Recess - NO SCHOOL
Jennifer DeRubeis, Principal
Julia A. Stark Elementary School
203-977-4585 fax 203-977-5426